What do I do if I have trouble with my account?
   To access Brightspace, you will need to visit Your username will be your WTC student e-mail address. If you don't know your password, click on the forgot password link, and Brightspace will send an e-mail to your WTC student e-mail to reset the password. If you continue to have issues, you can use the Brightspace Help link on the top of the page to chat with Brightspace support.

MyLab / Course Compass

How do I access my MyLab (Course Compass)?
   An Access Code must be purchased.  Many times, it is provided with the book.
Where do I get a Course ID?
   A Course ID will be provided by your instructor and is located in the MyLab instructions.
Who do I contact for Tech support?
   If you need anything reset, you must contact your instructor via email.


How do I get a MyWTC account?
   When you apply to Western Texas College, you are issued a MyWTC account. 
How do I login to MyWTC?
   You will login by a username that has been automatically setup.  In most cases, your username is firstname.lastname.  If you do not know your password, use the "I forgot my password" link to have a password reset email sent to the personal email address we have on file for you.
What do I do if I don't know my username and password?
   Please send an email to or call 325-574-7668 requesting help with your MyWTC login information. 
Will my username and / or password change?
   No! You will continue to login to MyWTC with the same username and password.
What is Campus Connect?
   Campus Connect is an online service available through MyWTC.  Campus Connect allows students to gain access to a multitude of services and information via the Internet.  Click on the Campus Connect tab to view your:
  • Financial Aid
  • Class Schedule
  • Grade Report 
  • Account Status
  • Unofficial Transcript
  • Degree Audit
In addition, Campus Connect allows you to:
  • Add and Drop Classes
  • Pay for Tuition and Fees
  • Request an official transcript
How do I access Campus Connect?
   To access Campus Connect, you must first log on to MyWTC.  Click the Campus Connect tab.
How do I pay for my Tuition and Fees?
   You have several options on how you can pay for your Tuition and Fees.  For more information, click on the Paying Tuition and Fees link.

Where do I go for technical assistance?
   For technical assistance, please email
What is a Westerner Card?  
Western Texas College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Westerner Card. The Westerner Card is a MasterCard Debit Student ID which allows you free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard signature or pin-based transactions. It’s the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.
How can I change my PIN?
Call our toll free number at (866)348-3435.
How can I transfer money to my Westerner Card?
Use Online Access to manage your Westerner Card account. You can deposit money to your Westerner Card from your existing bank or credit union account.
To deposit cash directly to your account using Western Union's "Direct to Bank" service, call 866-348-3435 for routing and account numbers.
Lost or Stolen Cards

If you have lost your card, contact the Customer Service Center immediately at 1-866-348-3435 to prevent theft of the funds in your account.  The sooner you report a lost or stolen card, the less chance there is of losing funds.  ID card accounts are FDIC insured, so your losses are limited.  You will also need to go to the ID Card office for a new card.
What is Rave?
  WTC has partnered with Rave Mobile Safety, the leader in mobile safety, to offer an emergency notification system, Rave Alert, capable of sending users text, voice, and email messages.
What type of messages will I receive?
  WTC will only send you messages related to emergencies.  You will never receive advertisements and your information is never provided to advertisers.
Who can subscribe/use the service?
  As a WTC student, staff, or faculty member you are automatically subscribed to the Rave Alert service with your WTC email.
What do I do if I want to receive text messages or phone calls?
  WTC only creates your account using your WTC email.  You will need to login to Rave Alert and update your contact information to receive text messages and/or phone calls.
How do I stop getting messages?
  To stop getting messages, you may login to Rave Alert and remove your number, or text the word, "STOP" to 67283 or 226787.
What is my username and password?
  Your username should be your WTC email address and your password is your Student ID.  You can update your password by logging in to Rave Alert and updating your preferences.
What mobile phone carriers are supported?
  All U.S. mobile carriers are supported.
What if my cell phone number changes?
  If your mobile number ever changes, please login to Rave Alert and update your contact details.
What if my cell phone provider changes?
  If you keep the same mobile number, and simply change cell phone provider, you do not have to change anything.  However, it may take several weeks for your mobile provider to update the Rave Alert system.  During that time it is possible that you will not be able to receive messages unless you login to update your carrier information.
Will I receive advertisements or text messaging SPAM?
  No.  WTC respects your privacy and you will never receive anything besides official WTC communications.
Who do I contact for assistance?
  If you need assistance, contact  
How will I identify incoming messages from Rave Alert?
  You will be sent messages from what are known as short codes.  The messages will come from either 67283 or 226787.  We encourage you to save these number into your phone so you will recognize them when messages are sent.  Some smaller carriers do not support short code messaging.  For these carriers, you will receive messages from